How do I refer someone to the care finder program?
telephone 1300 418 223
Care finders support vulnerable older people who would not be able to arrange services without intensive support, and don’t have a family member, friends or someone they trust who can help
How can the program help?
We connect clients with a dedicated care finder who can help with:
• Talking to My Aged Care on their behalf and arranging an assessment
• Attending and providing support at the assessment
• Finding and short-listing aged care providers in their area
• Completing forms and understanding aged care service agreements
• Checking-in once services are up and running to make sure everything is ok
• Solving other challenges and connecting to supports in the community, such as health, mental health, housing and homelessness, drug and alcohol services and community groups
Who is this program for?
The care finder program is for vulnerable older people who:
• Have no carer or support person who can help them
• Don’t have a carer or support person they feel comfortable or trust to support them
• Are eligible for government-funded aged care
Additionally, they should have one or more of the reasons below for needing intensive support:
• Have difficulty communicating because of language or literacy problems
• Find it difficult to understand information and make decisions
• Be reluctant to engage with aged care or government
• Be in a potentially unsafe situation if they do not receive services